Sinaia is a town and a mountain resort, built in 1695 and named after Sinaia Monastery, on Biblical Mount Sinai. Located deep into the Carpathian Mountains, Sinaia is one of the most famous resorts in Romania and hosted the Hohenzollern Royal Family and the greatest figures of the country. Besides, the town is part of a region full of history.
EXPLORE the city of Sinaia:
The city is a popular destination for hiking and winter sports, especially downhill skiing. Among the tourist landmarks, the most important are:
• Peleș Castle (Castleul Peleș) - is a former summer residence of the Hohenzollern Royal House (built from the order of Prince Carol I of Romania). Built in 1883 the castle is a masterpiece of German Renaissance architecture, with elements of Gothic, German Baroque, and French Rococo style an its surrounded by terraces decorated with statues. The impressive castle is open to the public as a museum. The establishment shelter one of the most important collections of pictures in Europe, which counts almost 2000 pictures. The impressive castle is open to the public as a museum and it has over 160 rooms, some of them are not allowded to visitors.
• Pelișor Castle (Castelul Pelișor - having the meaning of the "little" Peleș) was built between 1899-1902, from the order of King Ferdinand de Hohenzollern, who succeded Carol I. The castle is an art-nouveau style (with byzantine and celtic elements ) conceived with great refinement by Queen Maria, famous in Europe for her literary and artistic qualities. With over 70 rooms feature a unique collection of turn-of-the century Viennese furniture and Tiffany and Lalique glassware. The castle can be found near the Peleş Castle.
• Sinaia Monastery - built at the end of 17th century by the order of Mihail Cantacuziono.
• Sinaia Casino
• Sinaia train station
• Franz Joseph and Saint Anne Cliffs - the cliffs can be reached following a short path from the Sheepfold Meadow and it is considered a belvedere place.
• Luminiş villa - built in neo-brancovenesc style, here was the summer residence of the Romanian composer George Enescu between 1926 and 1946. In Romania it is celebrated the George Enescu Festival in Bucharest.
Romania awaits for you to DISCOVER, EXPERIENCE, EXPLORE Sinaia. Come with us and have a Idyllic Romania holiday with a unique experience, by booking one of our tours or just send us your enquiry and we will configure a tailor made program, just for you and your friends.
This is just a general presentation of the main events and sights of the city. For any further information please do not hasitate tu contact us.