From ancient Dacia to present - a legendary tour exclusively offered by Idyllic Romania
About this Experience
Follow the steps of our ancestors, the "Daci" and the history of our nation from antiquity to present, passing through all of the key periods in our history, and most important, discover the hidden secrets of Romania, the legends and myths, meet the locals and live a uinque, complete experience in one single tour.
One of our top programs, an Eco-Tour offered exclusively by our team in Romania, designed for our guests that dream to live special authentic moments, a mix of eco, cultural, romantic, legendary and active elements - "The hidden secrets of Romania" awaits you to become part of the story.
- In this tour you will discover our way of living from the Dacian Kingdom and the Roman Empire times, continuing to the medieval period of Austro-Hungarian Empire occupancy, to the Communist regime under Ceausescu, till the present days
- 2 nights` accommodation and activities in Prince Charles ECO guest house in Zalanului Valley, in the hearth of Eastern Carpathian Mountains;
- Sighisoara cultural tour - medieval city - UNESCO World Heritage Site;
- Alba Carolina Fortress (Latin: Apulum) - the former capital of Roman Dacia, province of the Roman Empire
- Sarmizegetusa Regia - capital of Dacia till 106 A.D - UNESC World Heritage Site;
- Sarmizegetusa Ulpia Traiana - was built by Marcus Ulpius Nerva Traianus Augustus after he conquered Dacia Kingdom.
- Hunyad Castle - medieval castle;
- Densus Stone Church - one of the oldest churches in Romania, built on the site of an 2nd century Roman Temple - UNESCO World Site;
- 2 nights` accommodation and activities in the 100% Eco Holiday Village Fratii Jderi (Jderi Brothers) in the hearth of Parang Mountains;
- Short break in 2007 European Capital of Culture - Sibiu and a nice walk in Astra Village Museum;
- Brasov city tour, including the Black Church and Brasov fortress;
- Panoramic view of Brasov countryside from Rasnov Peasants Citadel;
- 10 nights` accommodation in 3*, 4* traditional guest houses and ECO holiday village on full board basis.
- Bottled water, coffee and tea and local wine included with meals; bottled water during sightseeing excursions;
- Professional English (on request other language) speaking tour guide as your personal concierge;
- Transport by minivan (up to 8 persons) and minibus for more than 10 persons.
- Professional bus driver for the entire tour
- Guided tour for every tourists objective of the route
- Active and cultural ECO programs and tours for the 2 and a half day you will spend in Zalanului Valley and Fratii Jderi Village. You may choose from many options.
- Active participation and up-close encounters to experience the cultures of your journey
- The entrance fee for every tourists landmark and objective that will be visited.
- Local gastronomy and interaction with the people
- International arifares (we can arragen upon request)
- Travel insurance
- Beverages, other than mentioned in your pre tour documentation
- Personal expenses such as laundry, communicaiton charges and optional activities
ItineraryShow on map
Day 1: Welcome in Romania! Bine ati venit!
Day 2: First steps in Transylvania. From Bucharest to Brasov - 180 km
Day 3: Crossing the Easter Carpathians to Zalanului Valley Village - 130 km
Day 4: Be a guest of Prince Charles of Wales. Full day of Eco Experiences in Zalanului Valley.
Day 5: The time machine - From medieval Transylvania to ancient Dacia - 320 km
Day 6: Dacia, the Romans and the Valley of the Dinosaurs. Ancient and prehistoric experience - 195 km
Day 7: Relaxing and nature experience at Fratii Jderi ECO Holiday Village - 150 km
Day 8: Full active day at Fratii Jderi ECO Holiday Village
Day 9: The Southern Carpathian Experience and the Town of Sibiu. From Fratii Jderi to Balea Glacier Lake (2000m) - 160km
Day 10: From Balea Glacier Lake to Bucharest. The tour of Walachia and the last night in Romania - 250 km.
View other related programs
Cultural and gastronomic tour in the Idyllic Transylvania. Unique prog...
Adventure in Banat
Adventure and cultural tour in the Banat Region including trekking pr...
The best gastronomic experience
Food, wines, traditions, citadels and fortified churches - Bucharest t...
Dracula's secret love story
On the footsteps of Vlad the Impaler and his real life. Discover the c...
Bucharest Party Break
Bucharest the city that never sleeps!...